Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I'm Not Ashamed

"I'm not ashamed to let you know
I want this light in me to show.
I'm not ashamed to speak the name
of Jesus Christ."

I believe the above lyrics from "I'm Not Ashamed" by the Newsboys says it all.

It speaks volumes about who I am as a Catholic, as a Christian, and as a Disciple of Jesus Christ.

It is my belief that anyone who has accepted Christ as their Lord, and has chosen to fully give themselves to Him should have this same attitude.

DO NOT be ashamed to let people know you are a disciple of Jesus. So what if they laugh? Is there anything funny about it? NO! There is nothing funny about being a disciple of Jesus! Their laughter, then, is nothing short of misunderstanding exactly what being a disciple of Jesus means.

Shout it out today, tomorrow, and forever...

"I'M NOT ASHAMED TO LET YOU KNOW
I WANT THIS LIGHT IN ME TO SHOW.
I'M NOT ASHAMED TO SPEAK THE NAME
OF JESUS CHRIST!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a good song, by the way..! :) i'm not ashamed either!